Monday, August 03, 2009

Kangaroos

Had a great little dinner at Nic and Rob's place on Saturday night. They basically live in a mansion with the best patio to take in the views of the city. I should have brought out my camera out but didn't want to appear as if I hadn't been in a nice house before so I acted cool. We ate a lot and chilled the whole night outside on the patio. Nic was not shy about refilling drinks and never once let my sparkling wine dip below half a glass.

At one point near the end of the night the topic moved from Rob's nurse stories (always disgustingly fun) onto Leonie's fostering of kangaroos as a child. Saejin and I refused to believe this story thinking the majority of Australians present were taking the piss out of us. When you start a story out about a baby kangaroo jumping on your head and you are Australian it's like a Canadian saying they have lived in an igloo. After five minutes of refusing to believe the details about these kangaroo stories started to sound real and I will now say they are true although I am waiting for the pictures as solid proof.

No comments: