Friday, December 07, 2007

Christmas Fever

With last nights dusting of snow, it's slowly starting to feel like Christmas. Last weekend the Lotte Department Store downtown had all it's lights up and in action. The restaurant we then went to were proudly playing all Christmas music and seeing as this was my first time of the year hearing them I'll admit to singing along at times. I have a feeling this won't last. Next time I hear songs I'll start singing the less popular (but more fun) dirty version of songs.



All the kids in the school were outside playing in the snow when we got here. In both classes I taught this morning there was a lot of pantomiming going on. They all wanted me to know that the grade six students were being bullies handing out "snow jobs" to anyone slow enough to get caught in their path. (For those not in the know I found this definition for a Snow Job: Canadian Prank in which one person holds the others face in the snow and packs the snow around their head and ideally in their coat. Causing the victim to become cold, and wet from melting snow)

No comments: