Friday, April 25, 2008

Text Twirl

I have stayed away from every trendy application to add to facebook. There is absolutely nothing fun ever to appear on the fun wall. Getting fake flowers, presents, fish tanks and icons of beer are all well intended but an ultimate waste of time. As for having legions of vampires taking on one another I just don't get it. I never want to know my stripper name, nor my name in Russian or my name as a marauding pirate.

When I get invitations to add any application I reject it without even reading about it. Then one night out, Raymond was raving about a game called Text Twirl and while it did sound better than most things on facebook (including old school friends I'll never talk to) I was reluctant to add this application. Curiosity did finally win though and I'm now hooked.

For those not in the know, the game is played by being given seven random letters and you then have two minutes to find all the 3,4,5,6 and 7 letter word combinations you can make out of the letters. I am crap at it but slowly improving. The other night I even had my sleep interrupted as my brain worked out what words I could make in my dream on some fictional super computer. I do know how sad that sounds but it's also a great way to kill my many free hours at work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I rejected all the applications and got hooked on this one too.
Now, I'm trying to find it for free so that I can play it without friends knowing I am on facebook for hours! Now they can also ping you to talk. I hate all these instant message programs. Can't I play a game and hide in facebook from real life and pretend I'm working? No, I'm getting messages from people who I would NEVER pick u the phone and call. I have to find Text Twirl offline!
- connie