Monday, June 02, 2008

The Calm Before the Storm

Quiet weekend here. Saejin and I met up with Eve and Leoni on Friday for some raw tuna and quiet drinks. They are one of the coolest couples out there and while Saejin let them in on some new swear words in Korean all Leoni took away from the night was my annoying habit of Uh(ing) along with a conversation. It's a horrible Korean habit that you are supposed to use when you agree with or understand what someone is saying. Sadly it dominates a huge space in my lexicon.

Saturday we met up with Shelly for some Thai food before we ditched her for a movie. Saejin got to pick this time and I reluctantly went to see What Happens in Vegas. I went in expecting the worst and was really surprised that although the story did exactly what I expected there were enough laughs along the way to make it good. The flick did put Saejin and I in a good mood and getting a text message that Shelly was headed back to Itaewon we joined in. We met up at Soho and the place was rocking because Saturday was Korean Pride day. Able to get some nice patio chairs we hung out for a couple more hours just watching the crowds.

It was a great weekend and one where the gang of us off to Beijing this Thursday were able to recoup for what will be a busy, wild, fun weekend.

No comments: