Thursday, June 05, 2008

Wild Wednesday

We were supposed to have the afternoon off to go hiking on Wednesday but because it was raining we settled in for an afternoon movie. Unfortunatley there were only four English movies at the theatre and I'd seen three of them. So it was a repeat of What Happens in Vegas.

Dinner was a seafood, beef and veggy hotpot that had a live octopus shut into the pot to steam itself to death. I somehow got ushered down to the alcohol table and although going home to pack for Today's trip to Beijing would of been wiser we drank through dinner then hit up more than one bar after dinner. The best was the Makoli restuarnt because it has been far too long since I had this milky rice wine drink. It was a fun night and I got to hear all the other teachers complaints about the parents over involvedness(?) at school.

I have one of my afternoon classes covered so I'm off to the airport to Beijing.

No comments: