Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Almost Normal

My summer vacation has come to an end. It was a great month off and a break I desperately needed. I got back to Korea on Friday and immediately wanted the cold weather I was complaining about in Canada. Here it is still in full summer mode with humidity levels worse than when I left and temperatures that still hang out around the dirty thirties.

What sucks about this weather is that ever since I got back I have been running around the city. Early Saturday morning a moving crew arrived to pack up my whole apartment and move me into my new place in Sillim. Seeing as I was paying for this move, I barely helped out but still managed to be covered in a full body sweat all day long. It was a long weekend getting the place organized and I am almost done and will post pictures soon.

After spending the whole weekend battling jet lag and moving, my body ached as I came into work on Monday. Setting foot into the school it suddenly dawned on me that the new English/Computer lab was finished and I had another day of moving and organizing my classroom ahead of me. Luckily the students were here only long enough to help me carry all my stuff up three flights of stairs (the new elevator is a week away from being finished). It was a sweaty affair and at lunch the Principal once again showed why I love my job by sending me home early to rest. By tomorrow I should be back into a routine and then I will start posting all about my trip home this summer.

1 comment:

Darth Gateau said...

Yay!
Great to have you back blogging.