Friday, August 03, 2007

Bottom 10

10 reasons why a summer vacation at my parents' place is bad:

Dial up Internet is just cruel. No person should ever have to live this way.
Jogging into prairie winds.
The smell of canola fields reek.
The water comes from a ground well and tastes disgusting.
The beer fridge has only Kokanee beer in it and I drank too much of the stuff in High School. Each sip is a painful reminder of over doing it.
Being asked to mow the lawn and having no excuse why I can't.
Mowing takes 3 hours on a riding mower and I'm still digging dust out of my ears.
Mosquitoes come out right after Happy Hour and spoil the night.
There's no smog to absorb the suns rays, I'm now crispy red.
I reach my daily caloric intake just before lunchtime.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cam I have just checked your blog after a long time of not. Anyhoo heard rumours you are coming thru & would love to see you of course!!!! When will you be in Calgary & for how long???
Tam & I are going to BC for Aug 9th ~Aug 13th but then we'll be back. I hope we don't miss you?!?!
Love to you either way & true beautifullll blessings my aquarian brother.
love
~m

Darth Gateau said...

we'd all like to see your red bits...

Smokingloon said...

Mardi...I'll be in Calgary from the 13th to the 23rd so lots of time to play.

DG...I spoke too soon on the heat and sun. I have on jeans, a hoodie and a winter vest in the middle of "summer" to keep me warm now. I knew there was a reason I stayed away from canada.