Monday, May 26, 2008

Dr. Pain

I didn't make it to the regular hospital after work. Instead I headed over for some acupuncture treatments from my friend Nara's husband. The last time I was there was a few years ago when I went for a bad case of the flu and was given some pin pricks and then chalk like medicine full of deer antlers and frog penises. It left me scared to return but I assumed that there would be no medicine to drink for a wonky back.

I explained my problem to Mr. Nara and he set me up in one of the back rooms. I started out lying on a warm cloth for five minutes before he came back and made me flip over. He then went to work hammering my back to find out the sore spots. Once he knew where to go he started loading up my back with needles and in what I can only assume was for decoration he pricked a final needle in my hand so I could watch it twitch once he started up the electrical currents. It felt great and after twenty minutes a nurse came and depricked me before setting up about four suction cups up on my back that massaged the back in different sucking motions.

Twenty minutes later an alarm went off and back came the doctor to load my back up with two hot suction cups that pulled at the skin. When these were removed I had what sounded and felt like a stapler gun run a series of pricks where the final hot suction cups were. I had to admit to feeling a tad beat up but a whole lot better, unfortunately the pain has slowly returned today. If I had time tonight I'd zip over to the clinic for another go (why wouldn't you when it only costs five bucks) but I'll definitely go Wednesday if things don't improve.

3 comments:

Darth Gateau said...

you gotta look after your back!

RL said...

Actually, that's DOCTOR Mr. Nara to you, Cammy.

Smokingloon said...

I feel better now but that may be the drugs I just took. Dr. Mr. Nara needs to find away to get a hold of these goodies.