Thursday, August 14, 2008

Back to Work

I was back to work this week and although I did wake up early-ish (9:00) on holiday,6:30 came mighty early Monday morning. I was fully expecting rowdy kids who forgot how to behave but all the classes this week went surprisingly well. Luckily I'm only working half days and tomorrow is a public holiday making the whole week easily glow.

My lame excuse for not posting should fall on laziness but I won't do that and instead just lamely say the weather. It's horribly hot, mingle in thunder showers and the resulting unbelievably abusive humidity and Seoul Sucks in August. Normally, I take my holiday abroad but because of high airfare costs I chose to bill the school for the cost of my flight home so I could keep the dough.

All is good and with a three day weekend and no going away parties, mini holidays or having to meet friends this weekend planned I will post several pictures sometime soon. Next week I also work four half days but on Friday and Saturday I volunteered to help out another school somewhere South of here for a mini camp. I have to stay overnight but the Korean teacher going with me is from the school we went rafting with and it should be alright. Not sure what's all involved and have nothing planned as of yet but it's all good and the overtime I'm due it makes it worth it. Picture updates soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does the humidity affect your mind too? How can the week "glow?"

Smokingloon said...

If a reindeer's nose can glow, so can a week. I may even write a song about it and it could be done as a duet. Have you been working out the old vocal chords?