Wednesday, August 06, 2008

End of Term Trip

School finished on the 23rd of July for summer holidays and after quickly sending the kids out our school, along with another small bumpkin school nearby, got together on a Karaoke tour bus and headed out for a couple of days of fun.



We started out driving three hours away to do some white water rafting. There wasn't much of the white water but it was a great time under perfect weather conditions.


By going mid week we luckily beat out any crowds.


The pension we stayed at was tucked away in the mountains nearby. It had everything drunken Koreans need, an outdoor karaoke machine, a ping pong table, food already cooked for the guests and the smallest rooms to cram nine drunk old men into. Koreans drunk on soju make for a chorus of snorers. Snoring is my pet peeve and come four AM after zero hours of sleep I put on my MP3 player and waited until the morning. I had maybe a total of one hour sleep but seeing as I was on holiday I tried my best not to be grumpy come our six AM wake up call.


The next day we set off to Sorak city to check out the beach.


We were supposed to climb Sorak Mountain but I don't think I was the only one lacking in sleep so instead the plan was changed to check out a nearby temple. This temple is call the 100 pond temple and you have to be shuttled up to it by local bus. After seeing one temple in Korea you have seen the all but this one was so far removed and next to the cleanest river I've seen that I fell in love with the place. The whole two day trip was a great time.

2 comments:

Shells Bells said...

Looks like a great time with your co-workers! I especially love the posed pictures in the raft.

Smokingloon said...

I was put in the front at first because I was the heaviest but I had to change places because I wasn't paying attention to the commands the guide was giving. It wasn't a language issue, it was a zoning out and looking at nature issue. It's not allowed on the raft.