Friday, July 28, 2006

Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain.......


Seoul has been under attack for the last month by rain. At times its a simple wet haze refreshing your face but then the heavier clouds roll in to make puddles. When the rain fails to stop these puddles grow into sidewalk lakes you have to wade through on your way to work.

On the days when the mean clouds enter town you don't want to leave the apartment. These guys slam the rain down until the streets become rivers. They make damn sure your pants are wet from the knee down in the first five steps from exiting your building. These guys are in town today.

The Han River swells at this time of year. Two weeks ago when a Monsoon hit the Han River flooded out streets and parks that line it but I didn't get any good photos. Today I decided to go check it out. I went to Dongjak Station just a few stops away from my apartment. Just outside of exit 1 a little park hugs the Han River. If I wanted to play here I'd need my water wings because not one piece of land was dry.

No comments: