Monday, July 31, 2006

Lies I've Told This Week

I opened the window on Saturday morning and tried to count the dragon flies winging around but the cries from the Cicadas pissed Saejin off. He slammed the window shut on my morning fun.

When these insects are out you know that the rainy season is drying up and August's humidity will soak every body fold on your body. If you wanted to do something outdoors in comfort Saturday may of been the last time to do it. Saejin and I went down to Cheonggyecheon to see some of the new art they were to be putting up.

Honestly there wasn't much to look at. There were lines of white fish strung up, a plane being flown by a robot and spotted lizards to be sat on to soak your toes from. I'm all new to this blogging so forgot to snap pictures of the submerged fish made from cans of beer and coke. I also forgot to get the shots of the fashion show that was going on right where Saejin and I sat down to rest.

I did capture his photo just because he asked me to. While we sat I let a lie crawl out of my mouth. I told him since it's been opened, four bodies have been dumped into the Cheonggyecheon Stream. I passed it off as gangster hits and the bodies were thrown from the bridges that cross it. Saejin accepted it as verbatim. It's so easy to fool people who never read a newspaper.

After dinner we then caught a taxi home. As we passed a group of homeless men, Saejin asked me about a friend of ours named Joel. Last Friday I lied to Seajin saying that Joel had been addicted to drugs a few years back and had lost everything. He was forced to spend a year on the streets trying to survive. I told Saejin to watch Joel whenever we are out because he'll always give his money to the homeless. Saejin thought he remembered seeing this happen. As I giggled inside about the lies I was pulling off I just couldn't keep up the facade. I had to tell the truth. I envy people who can spin lies.

No comments: