Monday, September 08, 2008

The Hail Mary Pass

Went to the Canadian Embassy this morning to see what could be done there and as I expected they passed along all of the same news. They did have a printout that says we should ask for a criminal check through the local police and gave all the information needed to do this. At the bottom of the list was a lone asterisks pointing out that each police station has different criteria. Turns out Brandon is one of these "special" places. As I sit here I have just over 24 hours left on my Visa and my co teachers were going to head into immigration this afternoon to plead my case but a random phone call after lunch delayed this.

Turns out on Saturday my co teacher went on the Blue House's web page (this is the President's homepage) and put in a query to see if there was anyway they could find a solution. They promptly (for a bureaucracy) phoned this afternoon and got more information on it and they will check things out. Fingers crossed they can find better news to solving this hugely annoying process. I have asked Saejin to book me a ticket home so that at least I have something to show them tomorrow when they tell me to get lost.

1 comment:

Darth Gateau said...

good luck matey!