Monday, September 29, 2008

Jujubes and chestnuts


No classes today as the kids are outside doing a dress rehearsal for their sports day on Wednesday. With today being a write off, Wednesday all planned for and Friday being part of a long weekend this week should fly by. My co teacher and I went outside to putter around and the Principal soon took us off on a tour of the garden. He started out the tour doing his best old man taekwondo kicks against a Chestnut tree and quickly made it clear I was to take over. After a nice workout chestnuts started hailing down on us. He handed me my share of the grub and we then headed off to the jujube trees at the back of the yard. Most of the jujube on the tree weren't even close to being ripe but the principal waded into the spider infested trees and picked us off some to sample. This was my first time trying them off the tree and I recommend them to anybody. Here are some pictures I took the other day of the school yard.


The principal doing some gardening in his suit.


The little pond where most of school trees are.


Required Admiral Lee statue.


The principal used his trusty, rusty chainsaw and made a whole bunch of totems himself.


One of the many spiders in the garden.

3 comments:

Jessi said...

A dress rehearsal for sports day?!?

Smokingloon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Smokingloon said...

Yup...sports day is one big show nfor the parents. It would look terrible if the kids screwed up and ran the wrong way around the oval track.