Sunday, September 07, 2008

I Love Canada

Still no solution to the Visa issue and after checking out most of the options available to me it is more than likely I have to head home for a bit. The one way to get immigration here to see that a background check is in the mail is to apply for a vulnerable sector search. It takes one week and you have to apply through your local police station in Canada. I have had a few friends have their parents go into the local police station request it for them with finger prints and "aberacadabera" the report comes up.

I had my dad try this and the local lady doing this search loved her manual and said it was impossible. I would have to do it in person. I even tried calling her from here to explain the situation and her strict compliance to rules has me left without a check. Tomorrow I will head down to the embassy to see if they can do anything. I highly doubt it but my co teachers have heard that it has worked in the past. When and if that fails we have the last strategy that worked for a different friend and have my co teacher break down and cry at immigration in hopes we can get three or better four month extension.

Anyway I am done stressing about it and if worst comes to worst I get to spend the fall on the prairies. During this time I will start asking for documents to be sent (transcripts) to make a new Visa and will get a drivers license saying I live in Brandon and start the quick search then. Hopefully all can get done within a month I can get back to work. Who knows.

1 comment:

Darth Gateau said...

I'm having a faff here too, and I've only just arrived! I'm supposed to be travelling to South Africa and then Vienna for work but I can't as my employer still has my passport - it's ramadan so everything is running slow. I can't get a driving licence until I have my passport and I can't lease a car until I have my driving licence.... aaargh!