Saturday, January 31, 2009

Going, going...


Another good friend is off for worldly travels. Tonight is Raymond's going away dinner and "Blissful Goodbye" party. He has set some deal with the Bulgarian restaurant in Itaewon for a smorgasbord of food to be available for about 14 people. Lately whenever we have met up for dinner with Raymond it has been in this place where the food and ambiance are amazing.

From there we are off to the new Bliss (the makeovers are almost finished) for some drinks. It should be a fun night and I wish Raymond the best of luck on his travels. When I first met Raymond I had heard a lot about him through the grapevine and seeing as he was sold to me a fashionable, snobby New Yorker who was raised in Ireland I wasn't sure if we would get along. We are very different but while he can rub some the wrong way I love him for being the way he is and the stories he has.

The guy knows how to use his weekends to their fullest and when he isn't out traveling all around Korea and Asia he will meet up for drinks or random concerts. He is off to travel by train from Singapore up into Thailand, across Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam before hitting China, Mongolia and the whole of Russia. Eventually he will make it to his grandparents in Ireland and then back to the US. From there his plans are open and I hope he makes it back to somewhere in Asia soon.

No comments: