Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ten Reasons

My co-teacher has been grinding on my nerves for the past couple of months and today after her incompetence in class yet again I finally called her on it and we had a blow out. Here are the top ten reasons I hate working with her:

1. She doesn't listen. If I ask her something I get a blank expression from her. If students call out flashcards many times they are saying the wrong answers and she doesn't catch the mistakes.

2. She runs everywhere in a panic.

3. She runs everywhere in a panic in high heeled slippers.

4. She sees the younger kids as cute and talks to them in a fake baby voice instead of as a teacher talking to students.

5. She walks around while the students are doing worksheets or working in pairs and instead of helping them she asks them important distracting questions about their pencils cases or what they like to eat.

6. She reapplies make-up for lunch.

7. She told me once that boys are more important than girls in Korea so we should help them more with English.

8. She teaches to the same high leveled students everyday instead of forcing the poor ones to be involved in class.

9. She doesn't listen. I've asked her to teach the flashcards a certain way so that they will be prepared for a later test (making them translate Korean into English) and she refuses because she thinks the class should be all in English. I also agree it should be all in English but the test is set up for them to translate and I can't help them here. Without practice the kids fail the test as we learnt last year.

10. She is useless. I want Betty teacher back.

2 comments:

Shells Bells said...

she sounds wretched!

Jes said...

Ugh.

I thought for sure the window incident would be on here.

Number 7 totally pisses me off.