Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Air Con Time

Yesterday morning it suddenly started raining so hard and heavy that it woke me up. It stopped minutes before I left the house but then the temperatures started to climb making the afternoon a muggy mess. Luckily we finally got an instant message on our computers saying we could now use the air conditioners (air con in Korean) in our classrooms. It was a welcomed relief seeing as I have been using the air con at home now for the last couple of weeks. Saturday it came in particularly handy.

After a late night out on Friday I didn't want my Saturday to be a complete waste of a day so I planned on making a trip down to Yongsan to load up on DVDs. From my place to the subway station is a quick ten minute walk but on Saturday afternoon it was enough of a jaunt to get me sweating like crazy. If dripping in sweat wasn't bad enough I was sure my drippings were pure booze from the night before and having experienced sweating Korean businessmen on morning commutes I decided I wouldn't torture anyone else this way. So I re climbed the stairs back out into the furnace. I was never so relieved to get back home where I sat beneath the air con for the next two hours while drinking loads of water.

1 comment:

Don said...

You AC lover..really diggin' in aren't you?
ACs are probably not so good for your health, though i'm stuck with it until hell knows when..
The feeling of entering a building after a ten minute walk here is just orgasmic.
I'm sure you know from experience..
^^