Thursday, July 23, 2009

Homeless

When you get news you have to be moved out in one week's time and your house is full of crap it leaves you with no time to post. We had the option of not taking the offer on the house but in Korea when you rent you deposit key money and you get it back when the next people take over your place. We had 10 million won tied up in the place and didn't want to risk having the place sit empty and then trying to get the money back while in Canada so we it took it. We also took being homeless for the last month we are here but thankfully Joone offered up a place in his house to keep us sheltered. He lives in Pucheon (the city between Seoul and Incheon) so it takes just over an hour to commute to Seoul but for my work it is relatively close and is about the same commute time I was doing before. Thankfully I'm on holiday for two of the last four weeks here so it isn't too bad.

The move itself was simple but the sorting of stuff the week before sucked. I threw out ten, twenty litre bags of garbage. Gave away another five boxes of stuff and then chucked the "maybe will keep stuff" into boxes we stored in Saejin's office that I have to sort through. The rest of the stuff all belonged to my school and we hired a moving crew to come pack it up and take away. (If you are looking for a job where you can smoke and ash on apartment floors, be rude and you like carrying sofas on your back the mover gig is worth checking out.)

1 comment:

Shells Bells said...

Yikes - I leave soon too and instead of doing the tossing I'm supposed to I sit and look at all of my stuff and get exhausted and move on to more fun activities. Are you two all settled into Joon's place now?? I wish I could be there for your goodbye party :(