Friday, July 10, 2009

Just in Time



When I got to Korea my first job was working for a shady, shady man who used to pay me in little white envelopes full of 10 000 won ($10) bills. It took two of them to pay me (envelopes not bills) and then I would rush back to my apartment and make tiny hidden piles of money in case I got robbed. Just a few weeks ago the newest, biggest bill came out, a 50 000 won. They have been talking about it for some time and had hardcore debates over who should be on it and then once decided they had a usual Korea argument over the size of Shin Saimdang's head (thanks Don). Anyway yesterday a student showed me the first real one I have seen. They are still in limited circulation.

4 comments:

Don said...

Shin sa Im dang..Cammya..a very respected lady..hmm..
And what's with the movies you're watching lately..
Gone to the horror side completely? If that's not a horrow movie (which i doubt) what's with the poster?..hehe..out of all the attempts, i never got to see you jump.ug~

Smokingloon said...

It's a Swedish horror movie and it's amazing (not really scary just a great story). Why so much horror? SJ went crazy buying them up in Yongsan the other day.

Don said...

Oh that one is The Haunting in connecticut..that one's really gonna make you jump up the ceiling (didn't it?)..Can tell by the preview..
To be honest, i'm a bit scared to go see it, might not be able to sleep alone...

The Traveling Teacher said...

WHAT!! They have 50s now!! seriously they should have done that AGES ago!