Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Ear Hair

On Tuesdays I finish at 4:10 so the subway rides home are hassle free with lots of room to let me engage in my favorite sport of people watching. Namseong Station is only two stops from where I work so I never take a seat. Besides, standing plus a half empty car equals a great view of the people racing around under Southern Seoul.

Today's sights were a bit puzzling because of the men with their varying degrees of baldness. A pair of comb overs sat in the reserved sections to my right while three half domed men were sat to my left. The reason today's sights brought about shock was that I'm having the opposite problem.

Last night I was doing some personal grooming and found my first ear hair. I can accept nose hairs because they're pretty easy to see and pull. Plucking the invading hairs between my eyebrows is a must to avoid scaring little children. The body hairs filling out my chest are hidden but I can control this by trimming once a month. But hairs sprouting out of this final cavity confirms I've passed throught the awkward stage of my life. I'm an adult. Fuck.

No comments: