Thursday, May 10, 2007

Nanta: Cookin'



Heidi continues her run of visiting guests and this time she's on a mission to hit something touristy everyday. Last night Saejin and I joined her and Tanya to watch the Nanta: Cookin' performance. Both Heidi and I had seen it before so we knew the show has two parts in it where audience members are asked/persuaded/knocked on the head and drug up onto the stage. This is why we sat well inside the aisle leaving both Saejin and Tanya vulnerable to being plucked from their seats (we're nice like that).

Turns out we needed a better plan. Anyone who knows me, knows I hate attention so when the performer onstage made her way near our seats I started to look elsewhere starting first with my left shoe, then the right one before checking out the opposite side of the theatre. There I followed the other performer in his search for a woman when curiosity got the best of me. I looked back to the girl near us and suddenly I was caught in a stare down.

I did my best to ignore her but then I saw her going for an audience peer pressure moment (an even worse fate) and thought it better to get the event over with. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought but definitely worth more than the lousy hand phone accessory I got. Below is a link to the exact part of the show that I had to do, I would of been the one on the left.

No comments: