Monday, May 14, 2007

A Well Earned Beer




The sun was standing clear in the sky showing off all day and with skin pastier than toothpaste I needed to enjoy as much of it's glow as I could. To start off I joined my students and a couple of the teachers for a 5 km run in the Gwang Myeong City Marathon.

After this I joined Saejin and headed off to meet his friend Myoung Soo and his latest (and hopefully last) girlfriend Ji Young. We decided to set off for Namsan Tower as it was one of the few clear days that Seoul gets (hence the Gothic look of my skin) and take in the views of Seoul. The original plan called for a cable car ride to the top but once we saw the line of people we chose to walk our way up. It's a nice little hike and to avoid unsightly sweat marks we took our time.


Both Saejin and I rolled our eyes when we were greeted with the sight of the happy couple. Matching outfits may be popular with old people back home but they're old and tend to look the same anyway. Koreans take it to another level with trendy young couples strutting down the street in "couple T's" bragging about their love and depressing all the singles out there.




As for the beer, it was magical.

No comments: