Friday, February 22, 2008

Back on Holiday and Aliens in Korea

We had our grade six graduation on Tuesday and I'll post about that later but as a sneaky peak it was cute, there were tears and an embarrassing speech by the principal was given for me. We then all went out for lunch at a Korean barbecue and got a nice beer buzz before being told we were on vacation again until March 3rd. Since then I re adapted to lazy holiday mode. (I'm not sure what I'll do when I have a job with real work hours!?)

I did go do my class with Dong Ook and he constantly cracks me up. This kid is 16/17 years old (Koreans count age differently) and is so honest and fun that our forty minute free talking goes by without a thought of the time. In class we were talking about Aliens and if they existed.

He is a huge movie buff and pulled all his responses from the movies he's seen. When I asked why there have been no reports of Aliens in Korea, he quickly shut me down by saying there isn't much land here. The land that there is has way too many people or is used as farm land. Obviously Aliens avoid cities and Korean farmers would be PISSED if aliens landed on their crops. He said the farmers would attack and kill the Aliens if they tried to land here, so they just go elsewhere.

Asked if he would admit to friends that he'd been abducted, he proudly said he doesn't have many friends. (I can see this, he's super geeky. I think this is why I love teaching him so much.) Instead of talking about it he said he'd keep it a secret, research Aliens then build a spaceship and go back to visit them. After this he planned to write a very successful book about this becoming rich.

No comments: