Monday, February 11, 2008

Malaysia...Kuala Lumpur

I had a fantastic time in Malaysia. Kuala Lumpur was a city I quickly got comfortable with. I roamed the streets until I got "overly sweaty" (read dripping sweat from more than just the head and arms...not a pretty sight) then I'd duck into almost every tourist trap the central part of the city had to offer to cool off. I visited the Petrona towers everyday first for the awe then for the city's best airconditioners.


The largest covered bird park in the world...aka the stinkiest fowlest place to go if you really don't care too much for birds park.


Lake Park is a great place to get away from the crowded streets of K.L.


I loved exploring all around the park, but once I saw the monkey crossing sign I knew I'd better leave. My critical eye sees nothing cute in monkeys. Carolus Linnaeus made a huge mistake not classifiying them along with rats, sure they have thumbs but those just make stealing things that much easier.


Around Merdeka Square, the first picture is what Kuala Lumpur is named after the two rivers meeting up.


Flowers, flowers and more flowers.

No comments: