Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Bowling Times News

Lately it seems that bowling has become an alternative to going out drinking. We have good fun doing it and between the competitive ones a bit of cash exchanges hands. My friend Teddy owns bar Bliss (our local watering hole) and he has also started to join us for some games. Unfortunately for him his game is way behind the rest of us so he wanted some pointers to help him catch up to the rest of the crew. He called me this afternoon and I met him for a couple of hours. If you continue to read below he put a little write up about our afternoon on the facebook homepage for his bar. Here is what took place (according to Ted):

Breaking News
By Bull Shitter , AP sport writer

All time top Seed bowler, Cameron Metcalf, from Canada was beaten by a rookie, Ted Park, from Republic Of Korea in Hannam bowling center this afternoon. This is the biggest upset in Korean bowling history. The winner, Ted Park, tried to be humble but he could not conceal his glee meanwhile the loser, Cameron Metcalf, tried to be cool but he could not conceal his anger and decided not to play against him anymore. He knows very well he will only lose face whatever the result is. This is saddest year for Cameron. For him the year is still too long to end.


***What Ted fails to mention is that one game I bowled a score of 201 and this obviously tired my arm out. Not to mention the fact I skied all night the previous night getting home at 7 am and waking up at 11:30 this morning. yes I am making excuses. Had this been a three game series I would of been the winner. Had this been a 5 game series I would have been a winner. Sadly I agreed to a two hour window of games and in his old age he out foxed me for the victory. Now I have to put up with his bragging for the rest of my stay here or until I stop going to his bar. In my bitter mood boycotting Bliss is a possibility (obviously starting after New Year's Eve.)

2 comments:

Darth Gateau said...

c'mon now. "Peace and goodwill to all men" and that...
You should thrash him in 2009, imagine the joy of triumph....
sweet.

Smokingloon said...

He is is going down once he gets back from Cambodia.