Saturday, December 13, 2008

The miracle of floor heating

The problem with my latest apartment is that it doesn't have a dryer. I have to hang my clothes and it can take a full 24 hours for things to dry. When it comes to washing the bedding it can take longer but now that it's winter the drying times can be cut in half using the floors. As I type, almost every open inch of flooring has a wet blanket on it and hopefully by the time I head off for a friend's going away party things will be dry.

3 comments:

Shells Bells said...

I would kill for heated floors..seriously I should have appreciated them more when I had them. Hope you have fun at Raeg's shin dig!

RL said...

be careful, that's how my old friend Ben ended up with the nickname "stinky ben" he left the laundry on the floor too long and it got musty!!

Darth Gateau said...

things take forever to dry here too. It's either too humid outside and everything stays wet, or it's dry outside but everything gets covered in gritty desert sand. Indoors, the AC is cold so everything takes an eternity. Grrrr!