Monday, December 29, 2008

Night Skiing

If I have a little drink in me I will agree to almost anything. This time on Christmas Eve I agreed to join ChanYoung for some midnight skiing. Thankfully I am on holiday because the bus leaves Sadang Station at nine o'clock, you arrive just before midnight to rent your skis and then you go crazy for a few hours of cold skiing before heading back to Seoul at 5 am. It should be a good time but my body will hate me tomorrow as I have a bunch of running around planned for the day.


Our Midnight arrival. You then go through all the credit cards you own and figure out which one gives you the biggest discount before using Saejin's who wasn't even there. What I love about Korea is that for a simple ten bucks you can rent a ski jacket and pants to use for the night which makes jean skiers even more of outcasts than the ones in Canada.


Ready to help the snowboarders tackle the baby hill.


Chan Young buckling up.


Heading up to the bigger baby hill. Vivaldi park had some tough trails but they weren't open at night. I'm crap at skiing but wanted off the beginner run so I had fun convincing beginner snowboarders they could handle the mid range slope. It was fun standing at the top and watching Chan Young fall every twenty metres before skiing down with a straight face to make sure he wasn't sporting a broken limb.


Chul Gyu picked up snowboarding quickly and next time we go I will make him try the harder runs with me.

We had a good night and I will look into doing it again during my week long vacation at the start of February.

No comments: