Monday, January 15, 2007

Christmas in Brooks

Brooks can be ranked as the stinkiest city in all of Canada thanks to the huge meat processing plant just outside of town. It's a town you want to avoid with all your might but when family call it home you just find a way of ignoring the smells and you blame the dog if the smells become too much.

This was where the family all got together for Christmas this year. I took the bus out there a day earlier than Greg so I could catch up with the family. The bus was a few minutes early so I was patiently waiting when a hulking truck came speeding into the somewhat empty lot. To make a better arrival my aunt Wendy chose to honk her horn the whole time she was driving up to me. She wasn't the least bit embarrassed and the more I ignored the chaos the louder she made it.

Eventually we made it back to their new home and where Wendy quickly showed off her nice new and completely inconvenient car. (There's no trunk space and barely fits two full grown people).


Here's a shot Grandpa Mac used to love to take, the whole family waiting to eat and then the amazing food that helped me gain about a million pounds (thank god for the new diet of falling sick).



There was a huge build up for opening gifts and none of it came from anyone under the age of 40. The most entertaining gift turned out to be the PONG games (a fact I cannot tell anyone in Korea about).



Greg's favorite gift was the trashy stock car jacket that Uncle Brad promised to give away. He was scared Greg may actually like the horrible thing and want to keep.


Grandma and Florence showing off their new duds.


Grandma, Greg and I.

The Family with Toby, the world's hairiest dog in need of a brush. I didn't even recognize him as being Toby when I saw him.



Chandel taking shots in the backyard like a good Canadian. I don't think I could even raise the puck anymore.

Brad and Wendy cooking more food than was necessary.

No comments: