Monday, January 22, 2007

Good Weekend for Eating

I could bitch about how I'm still not 100 percent and hate all my Canadian friends for infecting me with a special strain of the flu that confuses Korean doctors and pharmacies but I won't because I'm not petty. Instead I'll be passive aggressive and just say it will be a long time until I return to the gateway of the Rockies.

My running low on energy didn't stop me from going out this weekend, as I'd made too many plans earlier in the week anticipating a full recovery. Friday night Saejin and I went to Santorini's for Moussaka(?)and Chicken Souvlaki. After dinner we met up with Hyun, one of Saejin's best friends who is visiting from New York where he now lives and works, and Chan Young who I last saw the night before flying to Canada. We didn't stay out too late and having a few Gin tonics did seem to work in fixing my cold (or at least helping me forget about it).


Hyun and Saejin in Hollywood Grill.

Chan Young and I filling up the other side of the table.



After Hollywood Grill we met up with Min Joo at the new Irish Pub and she was in the mood for drinking. She slammed back her Jack and cokes and later danced up a storm in Queen's. When we moved over to Soho for a quieter drink she lasted about ten seconds before cuddling up on her own personal couch.

Saturday night our plans were to meet up at the fancy Italian place we always go. This time it was to go with Chan Young as he isn't working nights right now and had the chance to take us there. Joining us for dinner were Nick (a cool Australian doing some articling here for a Korean law firm but he insists it's more like surfing the web because of the amount of free time he has between deadlines) Joey (an American teacher who relatively new here but most people tend to be compared to myself and Heidi) and the same cast from Friday night. Chan Young used to manage this restaurant so he was busy supplying our table with free food. We got two huge platters of desserts brought that were full of fresh fruit, ice cream, cheese and chocolates.


Joey, Chan Young and Nick.

Myself, Min Joo, Hyun and Saejin.

Sunday Saejin and I met his cousin Mee Jeong for brunch at Suji's. It was a good meal but not really worth the 30 minute wait or price. After brunch we came back here and looked online for a pension (penthouse/mansion) to go to this coming weekend. We found a nice one on the West coast and hopefully they aren't all booked up so we can have a great road trip. Sunday night Sung Ho joined us and we all went over to a restaurant across the street and had about 100 side dishes placed in front of us. I will post the pictures later as I used Saejin's Cell phone to take them.

No comments: