Friday, January 26, 2007

The City of Calgary

I love to hate Calgary but whenever I'm there my friends remind me it is an amazing place to live. I was lucky to miss the minus 30 degree temperatures and Chinook winds warmed the air almost daily. While the sun shone I walked from downtown to my brother's place one gorgeous afternoon snapping pictures the whole way home.


A view of Eau Claire from the bridge crossing the Bow River into Kensington.

The river may of been partially frozen but the weather was perfect the whole time I was home.


Seeing as Greg doesn't have a home phone this phone booth was my only way to contact people. It was anything but convenient and I missed meeting many friends because of it. This phone booth and I became great friends though and I have to admit to feelings of jealousy when others were using it and I had to wait.


The one thing I have learnt being away from Alberta is that others are annoyed that we Albertans don't consider ourselves a prairie province. Albertans love to point out the Rockies on the western boarder but the fact is they only make up a tiny fraction of the province. This is where Jackie and I took her dog Samson walking and it is 100 percent pure prairie setting. The uninterrupted view of the setting sun was ____________ (place adjective here).


My second favorite picture from my trip. Jackie pretending to pick up Samson's poo in the dog park. This girl is brilliant when it comes to convincing others she is responsible and did the exact thing I would of done. I love it.

No comments: