Friday, January 19, 2007

Friends with Babies

As I waste away here in Korea many of my friends are procreating and building amazing families. Going home and meeting them was one of the best experiences. I first got to meet Maya and her best friend Dora the Explorer. Graham told her it was alright to be scared of me because I was a scary person and she started to sniffle on cue. I calmly told her that it's ok to be scared because later on we'd be great friends simply because I have a million stories to share with her about her father.
We didn't hang around Maya for too long as Dominika needed out of the house so her, Graham and I went off to Moxies while her mom took care of Maya. The meal was a great visit and I got to hear details of birth that only a mom can calmly talk about while eating. I wish I got to see Dominika again but the next time I was allowed to play with Graham I was starting to feel ill and didn't feel right being near Maya.

The second baby I met was the huge eyed Odessa. Supposedly she and Mardi were just getting over the flu but they both looked great. They live out on a farm miles away from Calgary out in a small farmhouse surrounded by trees. This prarie setting is a perfect place for Mardi and will help Odessa groove with Mother Nature. Sitting here in a concrete jungle I am very jealous.


Mardi gets great help from her friends and living with Tammy makes raising Odessa easier. There is a little patio out back of the house that has a huge couch on it. It was here that Jackie, Tammy, Kelsey and I shared a smoke. It was unbelievably cold but there's also something insanely fun about challenging the blizzard blowing only a few feet away. It was a nice afternoon and even if the Jackie swore the whole car ride to and from the place it was fun seeing old friends and meeting the gorgeous Odessa.

No comments: