Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Cold Drinks and Great Friends

I forgot just how much beer Canadians drink. It started In Brooks with noon beers than continued intermittently all afternoon and into the night. It never stopped when I went to the Flames game where the "Heroin Beer" is still served ice cold. Joining friends at pubs I never saw a menu of cocktails and when I asked what was on tap the much annoyed server dared me to pick a beer and it would be there.


Here's Gray and I in Ducky's (a leader in trashy bars) drinking what we thought was the trashiest beer they had, a pilsner.

Mardi and Jackie plotting to infect me with the flu on our last night out.

Rob sporting a rare smile and enjoying the beer as much as I was.

Tammy, Mardi, Rob and I posing in the smoke free Ship and Anchor. Had we taken the photo a few days earlier you wouldn't be able to make out our faces because of the thick clouds of smoke the bar was famous for.

My favorite picture from my trip. Jackie, Tammy and Mardi all looking hot. There were many more beers consumed and friends met but for some reason I was shy about taking my camera out and capturing them.

No comments: