Friday, April 20, 2007

Learning to Drive

A few years back Korea was at the top of the list for most automobile accident in a year. I learnt this statistic riding in the car of a new driver and it didn't make for a comfortable ride. When I asked my students about this they told me all about their parents bad driving habits (speeding, running red lights -very common- and accidents galore.) This is one driving factory pumping out these new drivers.
It looks like the mini safety schools that kindergartners attend to become street wise but this one had cars and trucks driving at the pace of an old lady in a parking lot. It was painful to watch.
Even bus drivers were having a go here so I watched this bus closely to see where they're taught to speed up to a red lights and how to slam the breaks when stopping.

No comments: