Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Calgary...The Last Days (Finally)

On one of my last days in Calgary I hung out with Graham, Dominika and their kid Maya. We started off by going out for a nice Pasta lunch down on 17th Ave and then browsed some stores. I somehow was able to get into another book store even though I already had bought 20 books to bring back and didn't need anymore but what makes this trip great is that Graham had to spend money.

As this rarely happens I got a huge rush of well-being watching him pull out his wallet to buy Maya a newer Dora the Explorer book to replace the one she had gnawed down to a yucky mess. We then crossed the street where Dominika bought us the tastiest cupcakes in town. (More money emptying out of the weasle's pockets...I love it.) After this we went back to their place, ate the cupcakes before Graham and I got permission to go and play bocce. It was a great afternoon.

My final night in town I met up with Jackie and Jen for a couple of beer down in Kensington. Lucky for us it was mini burger night so for a dollar we were able to get normal sized burgers. It was a nice night of casual beer and conversation. It's always good fun hanging out with these two.

No comments: