Monday, September 03, 2007

Calgary...The Safeway Crew

My first job ever was working at Safeway as the world's crappiest cashier and two years into my time there we went on strike for "Fairness". This was my best summer job ever because I was being paid less per hour but my union let me choose my hours and had placed no limits on the amount of time I could be out protesting. Sure we had to walk around in mind numbing circles all day but you got to yell at the scabs and the odd customer egged us on. It was at lot of long lunches and many nights we would all head out to a pub somewhere to hang out. I'm still in touch with a few of the crew and met up with Arya, Lisa and her boyfriend down on 17th Ave. for some beer.

I thought the night would be a few casual beers but Arya was in shot mode and got to know the waitress quite well. Here Arya poses with the server who pretends to like him.

Missing form the usual gang were Tyler (MIA) and Matt (living in Toronto). Luckily Matt is a computer wiz so we made sure to leave space for his Computer skills to shine and he added himself in later.

We were being cruel when I pulled out my book, The Fuck-Up, and placed it in Matt's would be space.

No comments: