Tuesday, October 30, 2007

House Warming Party

On Saturday night Saejin and I had our friends over to play. This being Korea and streets having names known only to the postmen it wasn't easy getting people there. There were a lot of phone calls happening. Each call got more and more specific. "Take the taxi to the 7-11 and call me back." "Cross over the pedestrian walkway and take the stairs on your left, call me back." "You again? OK, now walk up the hill, You should be able to see me. Don't call me back."

The calm before the storm. Saejin had been worrying about the number of people coming and who would sit where and what would strangers talk to each other about so ease his nerves I distracted him by putting him in charge of food duties. I claimed to be working the room but found drinking a lot more fun.



The party soon split up into two camps. The Koreans, ingeniously camped out in the kitchen within an arms reach of the food and drink. This left the living room as the "foreign" ghetto and supplies (food and drink, actually a lot more drink than food) had to be ferried in by whomever was returning from a cigarette or washroom break.



LCI Suji's Kid's Club Reunion. I worked with Mary, Tom, J., and Michelle when I first started working in the Seoul area 17 calendars ago.

Tom showing off his bar tending skills balancing a tray of vodka jello shooters well above his head.

Shelly ended up with the Grand Prize and polished off a good number of the jello shooters herself. It was around this time that I'm glad I put my camera away, things started to get a little out of hand.



No comments: