Monday, October 08, 2007

One of those Days

I should of known the day would of been a mess when I started it off by pouring out a whole box of cereal on the floor. To help cut down on the ant population (lemon juice does work but can only do so much) I keep my nut crunch cereal in the fridge. I pulled it out from the wrong end and had three quarters of the box land on my newly washed feet. A string of swears I rarely use came out and it set up a morning that continued to spiral down when I walked outside to first cold autumn day.

When I got to school my partner teacher then came up to me to let me know she'd just been faxed a request from Gwangmyeong's Education asking for confirmation my degree was real. All teachers in our city now have to prove yet again we are legitimate. (Guilty until proven innocent). In Korea there has been a huge scandal about a loose woman who slept here way to a top position in the Korean government using a fake degree from the States and this timed well with a bunch of English Teachers also being exposed with fake degrees from Thailand. I've proved myself now five times to the government that I'm legit so this mornings accusation just rubbed me the wrong way.

The way they wanted us to prove our innocence was to go to an American website to find my Canadian school to prove I attended. Amazingly, it didn't work. Plan B (according to the Gwangmyung Office) was to go to the U of C's website to show my name among the graduating class from my year. This list doesn't exist.

I then tried to log into my school using my old account but the school has shifted over to a new system that uses a new MyUofC eID. When I finally switched over my old ID I was now logged in a guest instead of a Student so I couldn't access my grades or order a Transcript. By this time I was completely annoyed so I fired off a a surprisingly polite email to the IT department asking for help. They gave a case number to use when I brought up my problem with a different department that I would have to call during their office hours which don't match up with my waking hours. It was a long process that took almost three hours and my stress levels were building.

4:40 couldn't of come soon enough. I came home and de-stressed with a much needed run. It has kind of worked but while writing this rant of a post (sorry) I just knocked over my glass of water soaking the desk. It's a sign, I'm off to bed.

1 comment:

Darth Gateau said...

You should have got straight back in to bed after the cereal incident. Those kind of days need to be nipped in the bud.
Sleep well and hope your tomorrow is a less stressful one!