Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Sushi Saturday

Having drunk way too many beer and shots from the kind side of the menu I woke up feeling quite grim on Saturday. Saejin and I still managed to force ourselves out of the house to watch Jodie Foster kick ass in The Brave One (a surprising two thumbs up from me) before stopping in Meyeong Dong for sushi. Admittedly a juicy hamburger spilling out buckets of grease down my throat would of felt better on my tender stomach but surprisingly sushi did do the trick.

Saejin's all time record for a sushi bar is forty plates but he did this in an all you can eat sushi bar. Here he was retrained but still ended up having at least four more dishes from when he officially said he was topped off. I loved watching the sushi flow by and probably was responsible for Saejin eating more. I kept grabbing the weirder looking dishes knowing I wasn't going near them but had to see them being eaten.

My favorite was a safe choice of salmon topped with onions and a dab of sauce but the lightly seared tuna by itself was a close second.

No comments: