Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Dong Ook

It's winter camp time and that means working only half days. You would think I'd be better at making entries but with all that free time I'm miles away from the computer. Today after teaching my after school students I spent the afternoon with Dong Ook. His mom asked me if I had some free time and then offered Dong Ook (without his knowledge) to take me out for a late lunch. Dong Ook is seventeen and very much in the awkward stage of life. He's lanky, shy, a tad geeky but a lot of fun to free talk with. During each class he comes up with more than one weird story to the simplest of questions I ask.

One of today's oddities. Teacher: "Which kindergarten did you prefer, English Kindergarten or Korean Kindergarten?" Dong Ook: "Korean. There was a fire at our Kindergarten and we had to go outside. One man teacher went in to fight the fire and the girl teachers all went in to get our shoes. We just had fun outside until the firemen came. I liked Korean Kindergarten better."

No comments: