Thursday, January 24, 2008

See you in Two Weeks

At 12:20 today I kicked the kids out of class and made my way to the Principal's office to bend the truth. My first flight to Malaysia was for 5:00 pm tomorrow but I bumped it up to 11:00 in the morning so that I'd arrive when the sun was still out playing. As I'm supposed to work the morning tomorrow, I blamed my travel agent for this "surprising" mix up. I then begged the principal to have the Korean teacher on staff tomorrow go upstairs to start the movies we watch on Friday's. He gave me a clear wave of the hand and settled the issue mid sentence. For this I gave my best Korea bow, promised a nice gift and backed out of his office in the way polite Koreans do.

I am officially on holiday and to ease some running around I treated myself to a nice Chicken Cesar Salad, an even nicer (and always better) afternoon beer before setting off. My pre-vacation shopping spree started by buying three short story books to appease my holiday induced short attention span, loaded up on mini sized everything bathroom supplies, got a haircut and took out a wad of cash. I may sound organized but if you ask me any plans I have for my trip I haven't a clue.

I have an erasable sketch of what I plan to do but no specifics at all (I don't even have a hotel for tomorrow night!?!). I know many people would be completely stressed out travelling this way but I haven't a clue about Malaysia and the Lonely Planet does help but I'd rather just ask people I meet along the way. As for my (horribly vague) plan it's Kuala Lampur for the first night, heading South for five days, back to K.L. to meet a friend from England who I haven't met in five years before climbing up North to the Cameron Highlands for a night and then off to a Northern Island or two for the rest of the trip. It will be a great trip and I can't wait for tomorrow to come along. See you all in over two weeks.

1 comment:

Darth Gateau said...

Malaysia is beautiful. You'll have a great time. Take lots of pics so you can be smug on your blog when you return!