Wednesday, January 23, 2008

More Snow...Less Teaching


Monday morning a lot of wet fluffy snow was falling as I headed out the door. Desperate for a game to end the class on I didn't hesitate in the least when one of the sixth grade boys asked to go outside for a snowball fight. In Canada, a snowball thrown at school gets you into a whole lot of trouble and a five minute lecture on rocks in snowballs and the urban legend of the now blind kid who was rushed to the emergency room last year. To make my kids fear blinding one another I put it in video game terms they all understood, "No Head Shots!"


Ju Soo can be slow. This snowball is definitely aimed at my head.


Chul Ung had a new way of fighting. He stole one of the girl's umbrellas, flipped it inside out and loaded it up with snow. What this picture didn't capture was the weight of the snow collapsing the stretchers back and him with a bad case of dandruff.

The agony of missing the teacher.

Like most of the girls they mimicked disinterested cat conserving their energy until someone let their guard down and ventured too close.

Don't let the smiles fool you these girls chased me for a good five minutes before I conceded defeat.

The younger kids gave chase for a bit but because most moms sent them to school minus gloves it was more fun to practice Taekwondo kicks on the snowballs meant for snowmen.

No comments: