Saturday, March 29, 2008

My Saturday Nap...Ruined

I had the perfect Saturday going. I got up early and watched a couple of movies, then I vacuumed and washed the floors, stopped a pile of dishes from climbing out of the sink and took care of a load of laundry. This all happened with a slow rain sleeting down outside. The day felt accomplished and right. By 4:00 o'clock I had a plan of watching the latest episode of J-pod (the best Canadian TV show to come out since the Beachcombers that somehow has been cancelled) and taking a nap with the front window open. About twenty minutes into the show I was asleep and drifting in and out of dreams (don't hold the show responsible, it's amazing). When the show finally ended I tripped into a heavier sleep and back into my classroom for a Saturday class.

I was teaching the sixth graders who are one of my favorite class. They rarely give me trouble and when they do I quickly stop them using any one of the tricks of the trade I've learnt. The problem was in this dream there was nothing I could do to shut up a trio of normally quiet girls. Every thing I did got the same reaction of more chatting and evil, evil sneers that said they didn't even care. I lost it in the dream and the whole class just started laughing at me. It was a horrible feeling. Come monday, we'll see if these three girls will be as cocky when I get my revenge for ruining my lazy Saturday.

2 comments:

Shells Bells said...

I agree with you about J-pod, I can't believe more people weren't watching - perhaps it was the network it was on? booo

Smokingloon said...

What it is, is that they put the show on a Friday night. Nobody watches TV on a Friday.