Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Meet the Bairds


Saturday night the usual gang met up in Itaewon to have dinner with Rachel Lynn and her visiting parents. We knew they would be good fun from all the stories she's told about them and her mom's first words soon added value to the legend, "Heidi's got a full beer? We can go up to have a beer before dinner too."

Halfway through the beer a TV crew for SBS came over to "interview" the girls at our table about their Itaewon habits. To end the interview they got the girls to say on cue, "I love Korea! I love Itaewon!" The Bairds also wanted a go at it but the TV crew we already off to find their next group of parrots.

From here we went to have Korean barbecue across the street. RL chose the place in favoring style over substance, as this restaurant you get to sit at tables as opposed to eating at mini tables on the floor. (It takes a few months to get used to sitting cross legged for a whole meal.) The food was decent here but we like other places much better because they give out more side dishes.

After dinner we headed to a new bar called Lux22 where I learnt a Guinness Draught is not a Guinness Draught instead it comes in one of those cans with the wiffle ball inside. Once the jet lagged adults left we had a kitty of over thirty dollars and no convenient way to divide it so we headed off to our final round of the night at Pulse. This is a relatively new bar that we like because it's convenient for those who want to dance and comfortable for those who don't. It did get a tad wild (Joel actually danced) so I'll post these pictures in a smaller size.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that ball in guiness and a lot of german beer called a wiget? lol atleast thats what I've been calling it for years!!

Smokingloon said...

You are probably right, I have no idea what that miraculous invention is called. I was just annoyed I had to have a "draught" beer out of a can. I was even more annoyed that it cost more than ten dollars to fill up just over half the pint.

Anonymous said...

hahahaha and I get annoyed having to pay $5 for a drink...but I am from Winnipeg. haha I need to visit you in korea.. you make it sound extreemly exciting... next on list... win lottery and visit Cam!