Monday, March 05, 2007

A Midweek Holiday (from last week)

Korea has a bad habit of letting holidays fall midweek and not blending them into a long weekend. Thursday was Independence Movement Day, remembering a huge protest against Japanese rule in 1919. My school being nice and as a way to get more energy for the new year also gave me Wednesday off creating a nice midweek holiday. Getting up for a Friday has never been easier, especially when I have no classes on our first day back.

While I decorated the class and prepped some other stuff I watched some TV I downloaded. Keeping with the holiday theme, I came across a quirky show from Britain called Benidorm. This show is about oddball families vacationing at an all inclusive resort. Free booze, free food and people who annoy each other creates funny moments.

No comments: