Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Beer Snacks


Friday night was Mee Jung's birthday so Saejin and I made our way out to Incheon for the party. It was a mostly quiet dinner over spicy pork and noodles when Mee Jung's drunkest coworker started yelling in English is was time for "two car", this apparently means the second round.

We went upstairs to a bar with the longest tables in the world where I volunteered to sit on the inside barred from ever going to the bathroom again. After this we went onto a final third round (three car?) at the luxury singing room. It was a quiet night but all round good fun.

I'm not sure what I'll do when I make it back home and fruit platters aren't on the menu as a side dish. Beer and fruit make perfect sense to me now.

Beer and green beans is taking healthy drinking just a tad too far. But what is even more strange about this picture is the beer itself. Someone at our table choose hazelnut beer. That's just stupid.

The final beer snack is from a while ago when I went down to see Martin in Kwangju. This lovely looking snack is Bundaegi which is a nasty smelling snack of silkworm pupae. I once had it on my tongue but that was as intimate as we got before my body hurled it out onto the floor in disgust.

No comments: