Monday, November 12, 2007

Oops...I'll give you a discount

Some people blog about cats, some conquer food and others write to bitch about the government. My blog seems to constantly be about haircut updates. This time round it truely isn't a pretty sight. I went to a shop around Sillim station just to try and prove Saejin's grand statement that "there are no good hair shops around Sillim Station" wrong. This being strike three I'm willing to concede he's right.

Saturday I went into the exotic sounding Franck Provost Hair Shop and the feel of the place made me think I could actually win this bet. I sat down in the chair and explained what I wanted and the hairdresser seemed to of understood me. He then went to work avoiding any use of the clippers and had my sides and back of the head looking just as I wanted it. He then came to do my bangs and I closed my eyes to keep my now dry fine hair from sprinkling in. When there was a pause and a longer silence than normal I looked up and my hair had all but disappeared from by fringe. There were two tufts of hair sprouting from the corners of my forehead but the area just above my t-zone was barren of any hair.

It was 100 percent shorter than I wanted but I tried my best not to show any disappointment. Somehow I felt bad that he'd done a bad job. When your hair is so short a tantrum wouldn't of solved anything so I just accepted that I was going to have a shaved head look. The hairdresser read my look and quickly offered a five dollar discount.

I paid up and headed home where I opened the fridge and quickly by passed the cans of beer and grabbed the much bigger two litres plastic bottle of beer and started drinking. Half way through the bottle I had the courage try and sculpt a look out of my scissor induced buzz cut. It's definitely not pretty but could be in a few weeks time. Until then I'll be drunk and just accept that Saejin is right no matter how bold a statement he makes.

1 comment:

Darth Gateau said...

c'mon...

You've GOT TO post a pic.