Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Birthday Bash



Saturday Night we all got together for both Rachel Lynn and Heidi's birthdays. (It's the law in Korea for girls posing for pictures around flowers to blend in with the things, nobody chooses that look.) We went to an Italian restaurant we frequent when we want to class it up. This restaurant is quite posh and has been the setting for numerous local dramas as the place men take their wives to when they've screwed up. We like this place because the food is amazing and it's one of the few places in Korea where you can bring your own wine. The usual gang was there:


Rachel Lynn, Joel and Nara.


Saejin, Shelly and I.


Heidi and her new boyfriend Min who flew in from the States just for her bday. (Before thinking he's perfect he does have a flaw. He's a young republican and I remind him (or annoy him) about this each time I see him.)

We had a great meal and tried to keep the classy levels going strong but when we noticed a wall of empty wine bottles separating the two sides of the table, it was too late. Out came the gifts which I had to wrap in tin foil because I was running late. I gave RL back a picture she and Jes stole from a bar a month ago which somehow ended up in my bag. They promised to return it later this week.




The next gift I gave to Heidi and is a portrait some college student did of her and RL a few years ago in Itaewon. The girls thought that the thing had vanished but again it mysteriously ended up in my bag at the end of the night. I quickly passed it on to Saejin because the thing was so ugly. I met him in his office before the party and we decided it was time to give the ugly thing back as a birthday tribute.

No comments: