Friday, November 10, 2006

Finally a Funny E-mail from Heidi (they're usually crap)

Just in case you weren't feeling too old today, this will certainly change things. The people who are started college this fall across the nation were born in 1987:

They are too young to remember the space shuttle blowing up.

Their lifetime has always included AIDS.

The CD was introduced the year they were born.

They have always had an answering machine

They have always had cable.

Jay Leno has always been on the Tonight Show.

Popcorn has always been cooked in the microwave.

They never heard: "Where's the Beef?", "I'd walk a mile for a Camel", or "de plane Boss, de plane".

McDonald's never came in Styrofoam containers.

They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter

2 comments:

Darth Gateau said...

I felt very old when my 6 year old nephew asked me what I had in my hand when I was clearing out some boxes of junk. I told him it was a music tape. He looked at the tape, and at me, like this was all some silly joke. I didn't have a tape player in the house to prove it to him so I felt like a really old fraud.

p.s. I enjoy your blog and updates of life in a completely different culture. Hope you don't mind me dropping in. Don't leave your job!

Smokingloon said...

I remember seeing an 8-Track cartridge for the first time in my grandparents camper. It was so bulky and huge. Luckily they did have a player to test it out on. Unluckily, it was a Carpenters album.

Thanks for all the comments Darthgateau. I enjoy reading about the food you conquer.