Thursday, November 09, 2006

Orange Fitness Club

The weather turned nasty this week and on Monday we had the seasons first snow. This means there were a scattering of snow flakes floating down from the sky but melting once they made contact with anything. (Imagine an odd August day in Calgary.) This has forced me to try and find a gym in the area.

I went to a couple of places near my house but they weren't so great. One was a muscle gym for the heavy lifters in tights. (Not a pretty sight). The other I'd have to walk past my house to get to and I know I'd find a reason to pop into my place before going and once there I'd skip exercising. My final choice was a gym with a very unfortunate name, Orange Fitness Club.

There is nothing healthy about the colour orange and having the body shape of an orange is exactly what I hope to avoid. For a gym to settle on this name, every other name in their dictionary must of been crossed off. It's not a translating problem either because orange is "oh-ran-gee" in Korean and means the same thing.

Inside the place it is huge (2 floors) and they provide shirts and shorts at no extra cost. This is perfect for me to stop into before heading home after work. Hopefully I can get motivated to keep going but with my work schedule the way it is there really is no reason to skip going. (But my work may change throwing the whole six month thing down the drain, but I'll write about this later when I know what's up).

1 comment:

Darth Gateau said...

Are the free shirts and shorts orange I wonder. THAT would be truly scary...